Welcome to the Mud Sweat & Tears Challenge 2013.
Are you tough enough?
Wingatui Race Course, Dunedin
Sunday 25th August 2013
Early bird entries close 28th July.
Update: 2 May 2013
- This weather is great for Mud and is causing a lot of interest around entries.
- DB Breweries are continuing their fantastic support this year under a new brand, Export 33. Look out for some great deals in your goodie bags, a cold brew at the finish line and some great prizes for the Best Dressed.
- We would like to welcome on board this year Frucor who will be providing refuelling refreshments for all competitors this year in the goodie bag’s and at the finish line.
Update: 24 April 2013
- Entries are coming in thick and fast for this years events, so be quick to secure your spot. More details will follow soon of all the new activities planned on the day this year, it will be bigger and better.
- We would like to welcome on Les Mills as a Premier Partner this year, looking forward to working with the great people in their Dunedin gym.. They have prepared some training programmes to get you ready for the event so visit the Training link above and get yourself ready to go hard on the day.
- Thermatech are also a new Premier partner this year and have developed an exciting range of Merchandise, thermals, t-shirts and beanies, look out for details coming very shortly.
What’s it all about?
In its fourth year and second in Dunedin, this unique event will challenge you in so many ways. Winter doesn’t have to be dull, dark and boring anymore. Not, when you’ve got the Mud, Sweat and Tears Challenge to look forward to! This event is about having fun whilst challenging your physical and mental strength. The course is designed to be challenging and if you have average fitness, determination and a sense of fun, you will have a ball! Remember, the mud will wash off, but the memories will last forever. This event is open to guys and girls, but competitors must be 13 years and older. Compete as an individual or get a group of work mates, friends or the family together as a team and have a crack at this exciting event.
The Dunedin Challenge is based at the picturesque Wingatui Race Course. The 5km or 10km (2×5 km laps) course will take you over the rugged hill behind the racecourse, through the surrounding pine tree plantation and of course into some muddy marshes. The course has some natural obstacles as well as some really entertaining and demanding obstacles that we have dreamed up. The course includes a mud slide, forest run, hay bale pyramid, a crawl under a sea of barbed wire, horse jumps, water jumps, wire rope bridges, mud runs, floating platforms and new obstacles are added each year. Challenge yourself in 2013 whilst having the time of your life.
Video 2012. It was sunny and Cold, -4, at the start.
Video 2011 (Christchurch). It was sunny and cold! Very cold!
Video 2010 (Christchurch). It was wet! Very wet!